Modalities used within each treatment are dependent on the needs and goals of each individual client. To accommodate these variables, Krista is trained in a variety of techniques.
Through her College education, Krista was trained in General Swedish Massage: New Brunswick’s required diploma standard RMT techniques. She has also taken specialty courses that respond to and address different pathological issues; body structure limitations / issues; postural awareness and education; and lifestyle choices.
Krista provides massage services including:
- Structural Myofascial Therapy (SMFT)
- Indirect Myofascial Release
- Myofascial Trigger Point Release
- Cupping (Tissue Distraction Release with Movement, TDR-WM)
- TMJ Dysfunction and Pain
- Swedish massage
- Deep tissue and /or relaxation massage
- Post-motor vehicle accident therapy
- NFA (Neuromuscular Fascial Alignment)
Techniques used can also be dependent on the setting / location of the treatment. For example, an on-location over-the-clothes massage will have different styles of techniques employed then a direct skin contact massage.